Using Onboarding Checklists for Reopening
As businesses plan for their reopening after the COVID-19 shutdown, there may discover new processes need to be put in place. Things you didn’t previously have to monitor or even think about, may now be essential.
For example, you may now need to prove you’ve checked in on staff well-being and health before they start work.
It’s unlikely that this is something you had to previously do: checking temperatures, having signed confirmation of fitness to work, or even non-contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
With our onboarding checklist feature, you can now implement these new processes.
As store managers bring in your staff for reopening, each part of the process can be checked off. Furthermore, it’s easily reportable, in case proof is needed for health and safety inspections.
How it works.
Our onboarding checklist is usually used for onboarding new staff, but they are completely customisable so can be easily adapted for any use. Therefore you can easily create a returning to work checklist. This may include questions like:
- Have you had COVID-19?
- Do you live with anybody that has COVID-19?
- Have you had a fever in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had any symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
If you are an owner of a business with multiple locations, it could be logistically difficult for you to check in with all of your staff. By using checklists, you can put that responsibility in the hands of the store manager. You then have the ability to pull reports to see what stores have completed these checklists.
If you have created a return to work checklist with six questions, and your store manager has managed to complete four of the six questions, when you pull the report you will see this. Meaning you will also be able to monitor the progress that is being made through them as well as seeing whether they’ve been started at all or fully completed.
You can be reassured it’s safe to reopen your stores, and also have the security to prove you have put in these steps to ensure that your business is fit to reopen.
How do I turn on onboarding checklist?
Onboarding checklist can be turned on in the App Center. Only an admin will have access to do this and if you don’t have access to this feature, get in touch.
Can I be notified when and onboarding checklist is completed?
When an Admin is creating an onboarding checklist, they can put in an email recipient. This means that once the store manager has completed, finished and closed the onboarding checklist on an employee’s profile, the email recipient will receive an email.
Creating Onboarding Checklists
Note: Only Admins can create Onboarding Checklists. Also ensure that the app is turned on in the App Centre.
- Go to Settings
- Select ‘Employees’ on the left side
- Select ‘Onboarding Checklists’
- Press ‘New Checklist’
- Fill in the Name, Description, Locations and Email recipients associated with this checklist
- Click on the ‘+ Add Task’ button in order to create the steps on the checklist
- A text box will appear in which you should fill in the steps. You can mark these steps as Required or not. Note: If it is required you cannot complete the checklist until it has been marked done
- Press ‘Save’ on each task
- Press ‘Save’ on the checklist
Here is a video:
Onboarding Checklist Report
- Go to ‘Reports’
- Go to Employee Reports >> Onboarding Checklist
- Select Date Range, Locations, Employees, Checklist
- Press ‘Export’
In this report, the following columns appear:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Employee No.
- Start Date
- Completed On
- Completed By