- Are all hands on deck at our busiest times, including managers. Maybe an admin staff member could work on the till at lunch time. There should never be anyone taking their lunch break in the middle of service. We call this the power hour.
- Do labour patterns reflect sales patterns?
- Do you plan shift changes to minimize service disruptions.
- Do you have a printed schedule on the wall?
- Do not schedule more than necessary “just to be safe.” Being “safe” is very expensive?
Remember look at the difference to your annual labour cost bringing in one person an hour later makes.